Thursday, 10 January 2013

TOP 10 PRE-FALL 2013.

I thought I would share with you all my 10 favourite Pre-Fall 2013 collections so far...


1.
I am in LOVE with Proenza Schouler's typography prints. I think the brushstroke technique of the letters makes it look edgy and abstract. Also in the collection are these gorgeous blue watery prints inspired by a trip to Fiji.

2.
Firstly, I must comment on the gorgeous backdrop that Chloe chose to display their collection, simple and beautiful! What I love about their garments is the variety of textures; boucle tweeds, leather, crochet, chunky knits and small amounts of fur. Together they all work so well, a stunning range.

3.
Stella McCartney's pre-fall collection combined minimalistic, classic shapes with eye-catching prints and colours. Although I have chosen 2 fairly monochrome examples, the range saw a colour palette consisting of oranges, burgundies and blues. Prints includes jacquards and stripes with tweed and chunky brushed knits to add texture.

4.
My favourite piece from Costume National is this gorgeous long navy biker style coat with leather lapels. I think it is a stunning statement garment for the winter season (if only I could afford it!). I also love the patterned mesh panels in this dress and top.

5.
I adore this vibrant blue Derek Lam coat! I think that the colour is stunning and the style lines on the waist are particularly eye-catching. Pleats were a significant feature in the collection including pleated leather like this blue skirt. Also, I was drawn to this blouse. I love the white on white of each layer and the textures of them too.

6.
Cushnie et Ochs is a brand I have never really paid particular attention to, however, I am very impressed with their pre-fall collection! The style of the range is quite suited to my personal style of clothing, I love leather and wear a lot of monochrome clothes. My favourite item is the cropped leather jacket but I also liked the harness features that were included in the garments.

7.
The creased leather fabric in this Gucci skirt suit is GORGEOUS! It gives a textured effect without having a raised surface. I also love this sculptural, black jacket. The emphasised hips is very reminiscent to Dior's New Look. 

8.
Louis Vuitton's collection is most definitely eye-catching! It's array of floral lace prints, jacquards and debossed leathers really stood out to be and I admire the courageous idea to mix prints.

9.
Here are two of my favourites from Emilio Pucci's pre-fall collection. The garments were mainly dresses and red carpet gowns which isn't usually what I'm drawn to, however the detailing in the chiffon really appealed to me and I love the classic, beautiful look of the clothes.

10.
As I am currently working on a 'shirt project' at university, I was particularly interested by Giles's over-volumised shirt sleeves. I think they make a grand statement and I will use this as a reference in my own work. I also admired his used of abstract prints that I think look quite scribbly and edgy looking.


I have enjoyed looking through the pre-fall collections and I hope that you have enjoyed reading my views on the collections.

Annabel Xx

Photos from Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment